We encourage sangha members to travel together. Several travel options are available, based on your arrival point. Please note that Lotus Garden is not responsible for the travel plans you make directly with these providers. We provide this information as a courtesy, but you might find other options as well.
Please read this information carefully, including the notes at the bottom. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
From Culpeper (Amtrak):
Amtrak offers train service from key metropolitan areas to Culpeper (CLP), Virginia, located 45 miles from Lotus Garden. It is a popular train route which can be sold out at certain times of year, so please plan accordingly.
Here are a few ideas of providers you might contact:
- Uber: operates out of Washington DC but covers Culpeper. Depending on the time of day, their rates might be competitive. www.uber.com
- Culpeper Taxi: 1-540-825-8140
- Culpeper Cab Co.: 1-540-829-7922
From Dulles International Airport (IAD):
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), located about two hours away, is our closest international airport. It is served by 15 major domestic airlines, 8 regional airlines and 20 major international airlines. Reagan National Airport (DCA) is also available, as is Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport (CHO), located one and a half hours away.
These are a few options for traveling to/from Lotus Garden:
- Uber seems to be a good choice. They operate out of Washington DC but they service our area, and they are willing to pick you up when you leave. www.uber.com
- Supreme Airport Shuttle (from Dulles): www.supremeairportshuttle.com
- A1 Taxi: 1-540-636-8294. Note that this is a cash only service, but they are willing to drive you to an ATM.
- Royal Cab and Limo: 1-877-280-2630 or www.royalcabandlimova.com. They will provide a shared van if you’re traveling with a few people.
- Car rentals: available at Dulles International Airport (IAD), Reagan National Airport (DCA), Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO) and Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI). In some cases, a rental car may be your most efficient option, especially if traveling with fellow sangha members. For a specific list of travel options, visit the websites for those airports.
- Taxi services: These services are available for arrivals at Dulles only. They will bring you to Lotus Garden and you can arrange to have them pick you up when you are ready to leave.
If you have general questions about your transportation to Lotus Garden, you can contact the Transportation Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When making arrangements with one of these providers, let them know you’re with Lotus Garden.
- When you are making arrangements with a provider to bring you to Lotus Garden, please use the following information:
- Address: 1991 Pine Grove Road, Stanley VA 22851 (this can easily be found on a GPS)
- When you arrive, have them drop you off at the office
Late Arrivals: If your plans require arriving at Lotus Garden later than 9:00 p.m., please plan to stay at a hotel overnight and arrive the following morning. Our registration office closes at 9:00 p.m. during programs.
Updated: 24 June 2017
552total visits,1visits today